American History in the News
American History - Yahoo News Search Results
- Key Change: American Jazz Players View History in Cuba
Members of the New York Jazz Academy were in Havana on an educational trip when they witnessed one of the island's most historic moments in decades.
- Why the "Worst Game Ever" is Now an American Artifact
Museum of American History receives a copy of E.T. for its collection; Museum director explains why it belongs.
- American Apocalypse: A History of Modern Evangelicalism by Matthew Avery Sutton
IT HAS always been difficult for outsiders to explain modern America’s dogged and pervasive enthusiasm for Christian fundamentalism, and the sort of apocalyptic “end times” scenarios that feature a mass departure to celestial safety while nonbelievers burn in hellfire.
- Film Expert: Sony "Surrender" Joins Long History of Studios Bowing to "Intimidation Tactics" (Guest Column)
But, says Brandeis University professor Tom Doherty, author of the book 'Hollywood and Hitler,' threats have never shut down the release of a film before 'The Interview'
- Shelby American's Signature Edition GT500 Super Snake Packages to Honor Final 2007-2014 Model Year Cars
LAS VEGAS -- December 22, 2014: Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK), has unveiled a Signature Edition Super Snake package to honor the end of production for the current generation Ford Shelby GT500. With unique styling and up to 850 HP, these limited edition muscle cars feature the most popular upgrades at a special price.
- American Museum of Natural History evacuated when fire reported
Frances Burns NEW YORK, Dec. 12 (UPI) -- The American Museum of Natural History in New York was evacuated Friday afternoon after a fire was reported on the first floor.
- American Museum of Natural History plans addition
The American Museum of Natural History has announced plans to build an addition to house a new science and education center. The $325 million Gilder Center for Science, Education and Innovation is slated ...
- Fire breaks out at the American Museum of Natural History
Several artifacts at the American Museum of Natural History suffered minor damage when a fire on the outside of the building sent smoke circulating inside, activating the emergency sprinkler system,...
- How Can Americans Visit Cuba?
As the U.S. works to restore diplomatic ties with Cuba, there’s renewed interest among American tourists to experience the island nation’s rich history, classic cars and minty mojitos — before its authentic flavor gets watered down.
- American HealthCare Lending to Be Featured on NewsWatch
American HealthCare Lending will discuss the present and future of patient financing on NewsWatch, a 30-minute television show that airs on the History Channel, FYI Network, and ION Network. (PRWeb December 18, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/AHCL/NewsWatch/prweb12405924.htm