American History in the News
American History - Yahoo News Search Results
- Mello Yello® Refreshes the Hunt for a Taste of American History
It’s time to show off treasures from your own picking expeditions. This summer, Mello Yello is helping America’s favorite pickers uncover handpicked antiques and collectibles acros
- American Woolen Buys Loro Piana's Stafford Textile Unit
American Woolen Company (“American Woolen”) announced the acquisition of Loro Piana’s Warren of Stafford textile manufacturing facilities located in Stafford Springs, Connecticut.
- Merced museum seeks items for Mexican history exhibit in October
The Merced County Courthouse Museum will host an exhibit about Mexican American history in October and officials are asking residents to submit artifacts, stories and other historical items.
- Kendall named Georgia History Teacher of the Year
Nina Kendall was recently recognized as Georgia’s History Teacher of the Year by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History.
- Andrew Johnson: The most-criticized president ever?
Today marks the anniversary of the passing of Andrew Johnson, perhaps the most-criticized president in American history. But was Johnson really that bad a president, or just the target of some second-guessing historians?
- ‘A Grizzly in the Mail’ exposes the truth behind American tales
Short summary of story
- Two important Fil-Am confabs get major sponsor
Two important Filipino-American conferences garnered a major sponsor in the AARP, the most powerful organization for retired persons in the US.
- Hiroshima Myth and the Glorification of American Militarism
This coming Wednesday, August 6, 2014, is the 69th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima, the whole truth of which has been heavily censored and mythologized ever since war-weary Americans celebrated V-J Day on August 15.
- American Brady Schnell shoots 59 at PGA Tour Canada's ATB Financial Classic
American Brady Schnell shot a 13-under 59 on Friday at the ATB Financial Classic, the second-best round in PGA Tour Canada history. Schnell holed a 52-degree gap wedge from 122 yards on his final hole of the day to reach 13-under. "To shoot 59 is crazy enough, but to hole out on the last hole to do it, I just can't even believe it," said Schnell.
- Juneteenth Celebration at Latimer Lakes today
HORN LAKE — Today and later tonight, the DeSoto County African American Symposium will throw a day-long party celebrating the freedoms that his ancestors were given when slavery ended in America.