American History in the News
American History - Yahoo News Search Results
- American Airlines' ticket, gate agents vote to unionize
By Jeffrey Dastin (Reuters) - Passenger service agents at American Airlines backed union representation for the first time in their history on Tuesday, with about 86 percent of members voting in favor of collective bargaining, the union said. The vote affects about 14,500 agents who work at both American and US Airways. ...
- History books spark new Texas classroom battle
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The long-running ideological dispute over what gets taught in Texas classrooms flared anew over proposed history textbooks Tuesday, with academics decrying lessons they said exaggerate the importance of Christian values on the nation's Founding Fathers while conservatives complained of anti-American, pro-Islam biases.
- American Heroes Channel Reveals How History Got It Wrong in "America: Facts vs. Fiction"
The series returns with with back-to-back episodes on Tuesday, October 7 at 10:00/9:00c.
- Silvia Ros Featured in Smithsonian Historic LGBT Collection
The Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History is acquiring a significant number of objects related to LGBT history. Miami photographer, Silvia Ros, one of the premier documenters of the recent LGBT movement, has donated over 85 images to the collection.
- Noted historian Jonathan Sarna to discuss how American Jews took on General Ulysses S. Grant at EMU tonight
YPSILANTI — Jonathan Sarna, chief historian of the new National Museum of American Jewish History, will kick off the fall 2014 schedule of events sponsored by Eastern Michigan University’s Jewish Studies Program.
- HISTORY® And IMG Kick Off Fall With Unique 2014 College Football Season Partnership
NEW YORK, Sept. 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- HISTORY today announced a partnership with six college campuses nationwide to bring the All-American Tailgate Tour, the ultimate tailgate experience on wheels to ...
- The month that changed Filipino-American history
From the time Filipinos first landed in Morro Bay, California on October 18, 1587 to the present, no other month has held more significance for Filipinos in America than September 1965, when three major historic events occurred.
- 'American Ninja Warrior' 2014: Who Won 'USA Vs The World'? Watch Epic Stage 4 Showdown [RECAP]
Team U.S.A. (From left; Elet Hall, Joe Moravsky, Paul Kasemir, Travis Rosen, and Brian Arnold) made history on "American Ninja Warrior" with Arnold completing Stage 3 and Rosen completing Stage 4.
- FLORENCE: Controversial art steeped in Roebling history
When two white American flags mysteriously appeared on the flagpoles atop the Brooklyn Bridge a month ago, no one suspected it was a giant public history lesson.
- American Companies Selected to Return Astronaut Launches to American Soil
Today, with the selection of Boeing and SpaceX to be the first American companies to launch our astronauts to the International Space Station, NASA has set the stage for what promises to be the most ambitious and exciting chapter in the history of human space flight.